In case of any damage to property it is important that the homeowner takes care of the following important points:
- Protecting the evidence for insurance company’s examination.
- Calling the insurance company and informing them of the incident.
- Quickly responding to file homeowner insurance claim.
It is important for homeowners to be tactful and only file for an insurance claim when there is a real damage to their property. Homeowners filing insurance claim themselves without any representatives normally pass through the following three main steps:
- Filling out insurance claim: This can be done by calling the insurance company or filing the form online. After the insurance company has been informed of the damage to property, often the insurance company sends out claim forms to the homeowner. The homeowner then will have to fill out the forms and return it back to the insurance company within a stipulated period of time. To make it easier to file an insurance claim, use the Easy Claim Tool.
- Expect a visit from the insurance company representative: An adjustor from insurance company will come to inspect the nature and extent of damages.
- Payment to the homeowner: After a thorough review of the damage to property, if the insurance company is assured that the homeowner’s claim was right, it will offer a settlement amount to the homeowner. In case of a large degree of damage the insurance company will pay an advance against the final amount.
To find out more about insurance claims, please visit www.roofinggiant.com/claims